I did something naughty in January. I was good all last year, and only managed to buy 7 books during the whole year! It was truly impressive, being me. It seems I’ve fallen straight back into bad habits this year. In January 2018 I bought 12 books…😔😏 In my defence 3 of these books were new, and 9 were used books, and the total price was only about £30 which for 12 books is amazing!
The photo below from my Instagram page included two borrowed books as well, which I’m both very excited for. I went to Bookbarn which is a warehouse housing a used bookstore south of Bristol, UK, where all the books are £1!! – I’m utterly surprised I only spent £5 in there!! but well done me!! 👌
To summarise I got:
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okobrafor
- Apollo’s Angels: A History of Ballet by Jennifer Homans
- Selfish, Shallow and Self-Absorbed: 16 Writers on The Decision Not to Have Kids. Edited by Meghan Daum
- The Doomspell Trilogy by Cliff McNish
- Hjernen er Stjernen by Kaja Nordengen
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- Jotnens Hjemkomst by Andres Bull Hansen
- When Dimple Met Rashi by Sandhya Menon
- Inspector Singh Investigates: A Deadly Cambodian Crime Spree by Shamini Flint
- The Deamon King by Cinda Williams Chima
- The Thief (The Queens Thief #1) by Megan Whalen Turner
- The Ironking by Julie Kagawa
- The High Lord by Trudi Canavan
The Ironking is a book I hope I will get to in Faebruary, but we’ll see.
Have you read any of these? What did you think about them?