Welcome to my WWW Wednesday meme post, originally hosted by Taking in a World of Words. All I need to do is answer the three questions below which all start with a W.
The three W’s are
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll be reading next?
What are you currently reading?
I’m currently reading one book; Hunger by Knut Hamson. It a slow book and my lunch book which makes it even slower cause there are always distractions during lunch.
What did you recently finish reading?
I recently finished two books. I finished So Anyway by John Cleese on Sunday and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t know much about John Cleese before Monty Python but now I do. Secondly, I finished To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo on Monday this week. I also really enjoyed this book. It’s like a twisted evil version of Disney’s The Little Mermaid.
What do you think you’ll be reading next?
I’m currently feeling a bit YA-saturated so unsure what I’ll be reading next. According to my TBR, I should start Fire Study or The Belles, and don’t get me wrong I really want to. But this saturation-feeling is something I will have to deal with to avoid ending up in a reading ditch (slump).
I have already read a lot this year and been really into it, I finished one and couldn’t wait to pick up another. As it’s starting to hit me, I will have to slow down. The last thing I want is a reading slump. I think reading something slow and serious could help, or something very different than the standard YA. I have plenty of options but there are six books that stand out as something I fell I could want to read now.
- Selfish, Shallow and Self-absorbed: 16 writers on the desition not to have children edited by Meghan Daum
- Monstress – Volume One: Awakening by Marjorie Liu (Illustrated by Sana Takeda)
- Brave Girl Eating: A family’s struggle with anorexia by Harriet Brown
- The Body in the Library by Agatha Christi
- Runebinder by Alex R. Kahler
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
As a conclusion, I have no idea what I’m reading next but the options are endless…
What are you currently reading? Any good?
Until next time 😁