Hi everyone! I haven’t done a book tag in ages. I feel I might have been tagged in one or two this autumn but completely forgotten. Maybe I should dig those out?
Anyway, I saw Lucy do this tag over at Sunstar books and it looks so fun to do. I love numbers and stats so this was right in my lane 🙂 I think the original creator is Gabs About Books so go check her video out 🙂
1. What is the highest rated book that you gave a low rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on Average Ratings and find the highest rated book you gave a low rating).
Lord of the rings Two Towers.
GoodReads rating of 4.44 and I gave it 3 stars.
I’m such a rebel *eyeroll*
2. What is the lowest rated book that you gave a high rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on Avg Ratings, in reverse order, and find the lowest rated book you gave a high rating).
The Chimes by Anna Smaill.
GoodReads rating of 3.38 and I gave it 5 stars.
This was something new to me back in 2015. I had no expectations going in nor did I know much about the book. But this turned out to be something amazing at the time. It’s also my first ever queer book! It was my favourite book of 2015 and I still think about it. Maybe I should re-read it?
3. What is the most popular book you disagree with the avg rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on number of Ratings, and find the first book you disagree with the avg rating)
The Great Gateby by Fitzgerald.
GoodReads Rating of 3.96, my rating 3 stars.
This was a struggle to get through. I had no interest in the characters nor the plot. I’ve seen the movie and I know what happens but I was hoping the book would give me more to go on. Anyway. Not a favourite.
4. What is the least popular book you disagree with the avg rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on number of Ratings, in reverse order, and find the first book you disagree with the avg rating).
Transgressive: A Trans Woman on Gender, Feminism and Politics by Rachel Anne Williams.
GoodReads rating 3.78. My rating 5 stars.
This book did a lot for me. I got angry, I laughed out loud, I learned a lot.
5. Choose two books that have an average rating of 3/5 stars but you gave a higher rating.
A Vision of Fire (Earthend saga #1) by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin, and Emily Eternal by M. G. Wheaton
6. Choose two books that have an average rating of 3/5 stars but you gave a lower rating.
I don’t really give anything less than a 3 star, but I do DNF books. So here are two of them.
The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke and Doll Bones by Holly Black.
7. Choose two books that have an average rating of 4/5 stars but you gave a lower rating.
A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz and Tali Nohkati: The Great Crossing by Koza Belleli
I didn’t even finish A Fraction of the Whole…
8. Choose two books that have an average rating of 2/5 stars but you gave a higher rating.
I haven’t read anything lower than 3.20 stars and that is The Age of Magic by Ben Okri which I also gave 3 stars.
9. Do you tend to agree or disagree with GR average rating and do you use GR as a guide for books you want to read?
It seems I tend to agree with GR for the most part, but I do also exclude all 1 and 2 star books. I have limited time and no time for something that may or may not be for me. If I got payed for reading I wouldn’t care so much, but I don’t and my full-time job doesn’t do itself.
What do you think?